Friday, June 15, 2012

The Shopping Cart




I had a call with a client today. She made a comment to me. She said, “You just seem like a very zen and centered person.”

I personally would not use those words to describe myself. Though, I do strive for these things, I find it's a practice. It's an effort made to try and become a more balanced and better person than I was yesterday. Every day is a new opportunity to become a better person. It's a chance to become a better version of yourself.

Which, leads me to the shopping cart. It's inevitable. I cruise through the Kroger parking lot and pass by a prime parking spot because a lonesome cart is already occupying the space. I'm a huge advocate of returning your cart to its rightful cart corral. Perhaps it's the karma believer in me. If I leave a cart to create damage, one day I will ultimately get dinged.

Though, I've recently transcended past just the fear of receiving bad juju when inspired by a friend and fellow cart corralling enthusiast.

It's about leaving a place a little bit better than you found it,” he said.

It's so simple I thought. By not returning that cart, you are taking one quick action that has strong potential to negatively impact a persons day. 

How often do haphazardly ditched carts avoid hitting cars, not occupy perfectly good parking spots, and make grocery store employee's work easier?

Walk the few extra steps to put your cart back in its designated area. It's not about the cart. It's about being a better person; in its simplest form. Okay, and it's also about the cart. Seriously man, just put it back. 


No comments:

Post a Comment