Sunday, June 17, 2012

A Fathers Day Note


Dear Dad,


I've always heard it's a girls dad who sets the bar for what kind of man she'll fall in love with. As I navigate through the dating world, I feel confident knowing I've already had a man in my life for 24 years who has demonstrated to me the type of man I will end up with. 

I know I will be with a man who is respectful and kind toward me. He'll be ambitious and hard working. He will put his family first. He will show how he loves me through his actions. He will make jokes that expose everyday situations with more humor and less seriousness. He'll show up to the important events and be there to listen and enjoy my stories. He'll believe in me, support me, and give me straightforward and valuable advice.

He'll be a great father because I chose to be with someone who reminded me of my dad.


I know he'll be a lot of great things because of you, but I'm coming to terms with the fact that he may not be as good of a dancer. I guess we simply can't have it all...




No comments:

Post a Comment